WALEX008 BLOG HEADLINES

Wednesday 9 May 2012

BEEF: MODE9 AND MUNA IN RAP BATTLEFIELD

Modenine says Muna is just a little girl…
Reverred rapper Modenine and beauty-queen-turned-rapper Munachi Abii were locked in a war of words during a rap competition which took place some weeks ago.
Muna, who was the host of the just concluded ‘Nokia Don’t Break the Beat’ rap competition which took place at the GET Arena on Saturday, April 28 was involved in a brief exchange with Modenine who was a head judge after the rapper decided along with the other judges (renowned disc jockey DJ Jimmy JATT and Knighthouse record label boss Rogba Arimoro) that ‘T.K.O’ had won the final rap bout, with the first runner  up being Black Jeez.
Muna sought a different opinion and made it known as she contended the judges’ decision by saying she did not agree with the decision, claiming she had a say in the judgement.
I don’t agree with you but, my opinion matters too, you know’, Muna told Modenine.

A clearly pissed off Modenine tried to clear Muna as to what her role as a host should be and how vastly experienced he was a Hip-Hop veteran. ‘I’ve been listening to hip-hop for a long time, trust me, you have to respect my opinion’, the rap veteran told Muna right in front of the crowd.
I’ve also been listening to Hip-Hop for a long time, I respect your decision but my opinion matters, please pass the mic men’, Muna rudely replied Modenine right in front of the mammoth crowd.
Speaking with Nigezie right after the show, Modenine said ‘she was very disrespectful but I had to put her in check immediately. I was called here to judge because of my level of experience….It was very wrong for her to just cut me off’.
DJ Jimmy JATT also had something to say ‘…It was wrong what she did. Judges are judges, comperes are comperes’. The veteran DJ disclosed that there were other things Muna was doing wrong on stage but they all decided to overlook it.
Speaking with Modenine this morning, he says Muna is yet to issue an apology to him. ‘It’s been a month plus, I’ve forgotten about all that, I’ve got bigger wars to fight. Cocaine is a hell of a drug, stay away from drugs.
And to if he will be releasing any diss songs soon, he says ‘I’m a lyrical warrior but I don’t kill women or children’.
We could not immediately reach Muna for comments.
Munachi Gail Teresa Abii Nwankwo, 24, won the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant in 2007 and then surprised all when she launched her rap career months later.
Modenine is considered as one of Africa’s greatest rappers with over four albums, five mixtapes and numerous awards to his credit.

NEWS SOURCE: thenetng.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

please post your comments....