WALEX008 BLOG HEADLINES

Wednesday 23 May 2012

DROGBA SET TO LEAVE CHELSEA BY JUNE, TAGS TORRES AS THE FUTURE

The Ivory Coast striker, 34, who scored the winning penalty in the Champions League final victory over Bayern , is set to be a free agent when his Blues contract expires next month.
"Winning the [Champions League] final was key, that was the turning point," Drogba told BBC Radio 5 live.
"We made history together but I think now is the best time to move on."
In a statement on the club's website,  Drogba said: "I wanted to put an end the speculation and confirm that I am leaving Chelsea."  "It has been a very difficult decision for me to make and I am very proud of what we have achieved, but the time is right for a new challenge for me."
Didier Drogba says Fernando Torres is "the future" of Chelsea, as the Ivory Coast striker confirmed he will leave the club on a free transfer this summer.
Drogba describes how hard it is for him to move on after eight years at Stamford Bridge, saying Chelsea is "in his heart" and his blood is "blue".

No comments:

Post a Comment

please post your comments....