WALEX008 BLOG HEADLINES

Sunday 20 May 2012

This Is What Chelsea Players Have To Say After The Historic Night

What a night. As the celebrations continued way into the evening, the newly-crowned European champions gave their verdict on what it all meant to them.
Here are a selection of quotes from some of the Chelsea heroes, with more to follow as the dust settles on our first ever Champions League success.
Petr Cech
‘Finally. It’s been eight years. We lost four years ago and we hoped for another chance. The chance came and in a moment when nobody expected it. We grabbed the chance.
‘There were six penalties and I went the right way all the time, and saved three, so I was well prepared.
‘This is amazing, it’s incredible we finally got it.
‘I said prior to the game that if we win the Cup I don’t want a cake, and this is the best present I can get. It’s a dream come true.’
Gary Cahill
‘When I picked up the injury against Barcelona I feared I wouldn’t make the game but I am thankful to the staff that got David and me back.
‘It’s absolutely amazing. The team has stuck together throughout everything and we’ve won two trophies.
‘People thought we were dead and buried against Napoli, against Barcelona, but we kept coming back. Bayern played some fantastic football, they had a lot of corners, but we defended well and it’s all paid off.
‘I made the move to win trophies, I signed for five ad a half years, and have won two in six months. If you told me at the start of the season I would win the Champions League I would think you were joking, it’s unbelievable.’
Salomon Kalou
‘It was destiny for us to win it. It was also team spirit and togetherness, put it together and it’s a wonderful moment for us to win the Cup.’
Juan Mata
‘We are very happy. We believed in ourselves, and this is what it means to play for Chelsea. We’ve made history.’
Ryan Bertrand
‘Crazy. I’m still waiting for someone to pinch me now. I tried to relax and go to sleep in the afternoon but had all these images flashing through my mind.
‘I can’t believe it, it hasn’t sunk in. looking at the experienced players, I am so happy for them, I didn’t want to go out and let anyone down, especially the manager, and these guys have got what they’ve always been fighting for.
‘Since I came in Ashley has welcomed me with open arms. He’s the best left-back in the world.’
John Terry
‘Now I know what the fans go through on a weekly basis. It’s incredible, we’ve waited so long for this and to finally be here, it’s incredible.
‘It makes all those disappointments along the way worth it, it’s an amazing feeling. It was tough for all of us but the lads were immense.
‘The club has strived for this, the owner has kept believing in us, a big hats off to him from the players.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

please post your comments....